Do you suspect that your funtube has a leak? Then it's time to repair your funtube. By carrying out a funtube repair, you can make beautiful memories with your funtube for a long time to come, without having to replace it with a new model. We are happy to explain in more detail how to successfully repair a funtube.
The reason for a leak
To ensure that you repair your funtube correctly, you must take into account the cause of the leak. In most cases there is leakage in the PVC layer of the funtube.
This type of leak, provided it is not a major crack, is easy to repair. However, does your funtube lose air through the valve? Then the cause of the leak may be wear. In that case, replace the old valve with a new one.
This is how you repair a small leak
Fortunately, a small leak in your funtube can be easily repaired. Follow the next steps to repair your funtube and make it ready for use on the water again.
- First of all, you need to determine where the leak is coming from. Spray water with suds on the funtube and then carefully pump it up. It will bubble at the location of the leak.
- Then thoroughly clean the spill area. You want to have all the grease and grime removed before you start repairing the funtube.
- Cut a circle from a piece of PVC that is larger than the leak itself. Make sure the circle is at least 50% bigger.
- Then apply a little glue to the PVC circle. Let this dry for a minute. 5. Make sure the funtube is lying flat on a surface. Then place the PVC on the leak and make sure it is pressed firmly. Rubbing from the center outwards will remove any air bubbles.
- Let the glue dry for 24 hours before you inflate your funtube again. To be sure that the leak has been properly repaired, repeat step 1. Are there no bubbles anymore? Then your funtube is ready for use again.
Products for during the repair:
We have several products in our webshop that can help you repair a funtube, click on the links to read more about it:
Purchasing a fun tube
Can't get your funtube made anymore? Then it's time for a brand new fun tube that can last for years!
Do you want to enjoy unforgettable moments on the water with your friends and family this summer? Then it's time to buy a funtube. In our range you will find a wide selection of all kinds of funtubes.